Lost Mines of Phandelver
Cragmaw Castle was a castle raised by a noble of old Phalorm but since then has fallen into disrepair. It now consists of seven overlapping towers and with its upper levels all but collapsed into heaped masonty, only the ground floor is habitable.
In the spring of 1488 DR, the Talons of Tresendar attacked Cragmaw Castle and defeated King Grol. However the power vaccum left by the death of the bugbear king was soon filled a aspiring hobgoblin warlord, Targor Bloodsword. After assuring the Talons that the Cragmaws would no longer bother nearby Phandalin, Targor let the beaten and battered group leave…provided they did not return.